24 HOURS IN SAINT LUCIA
A "Kingdom of Nature" thanks to its mountainous terrain and lush flora, Saint Lucia's quaint towns, beautiful beaches and bays, mineral baths, and banana plantations are unmatched by other Caribbean Islands—Two 3,000 foot volcanic peaks rise skyward from the Caribbean Sea reigning over a unique cultural fusion of French, British and African traditions bring the island's beauty and rich heritage to life.
Archaeological ruins are abundant in Saint Lucia. La Sikwi, Creole for sugar mill, is located within the gardens of a 400-acre banana cocoa plantation—Invergoil Estate. Built in 1860, when sugar was Saint Lucia's main export crop, the decaying site was renovated into a museum in 1990. Tour guides demonstrate how sugar cane was turned into raw sugar and molasses.
Diamond Falls Botanical Gardens is a peaceful retreat from the outside world with a breathtaking waterfall and hot mineral springs with age old medicinal waters. You'll enjoy the beauty and sultry warmth of the tropics whilst walking through lush fertile vegetation and marveling at the diverse tropical fauna.
Casual and inviting, Dasheene affords spectacular views of the Caribbean and Saint Lucia's twin volcanic Piton peaks—just as inspiring as the award-winning cuisine. Rendering stylish interpretations of traditional Saint Lucian dishes, Executive Chef Nigel Mitchel is dedicated to showcasing fresh, native ingredients from island farmers and neighboring plantations.
Favorites include Saint Lucia Seafood Salad fresh fish, conch, scallops, and shrimp with Cajun spices, as well as chilled Asparagus Gazpacho—all savory dishes for every appetite highlighting the bounty of Saint Lucia through land and sea.
For the ultimate in privacy and culinary magic, reserve the "Book a Chef" dining experience. Read more about Dasheene in our Taste column.
The stunning views from the Tet Paul Scenic Trail have been described as absolutely heavenly. From the majestic Pitons to the far away islands of Martinique and Saint Vincent, you can see it all including gorgeous Jalousie Bay.
Imagine yourself on a dreamy white sand tropical beach nestled between the majestic volcanic peaks. That's Jalousie Beach. Jalousie is French for "jealousy" and it is easy to see why. Soak in the rays while enjoying a refreshing swim in the clear emerald water of the Caribbean Sea and marvel at the abundant sea life as you snorkel beneath the waters of the National Marine Reserve.
The Bar at Dasheene offers an absolutely perfect setting for cocktails. Admire the natural beauty of the grand Pitons while sitting back, relaxing and enjoying a "Blue Lagoon" from their extensive cocktail menu. We know you're already daydreaming.
Once part of the Rabot Estate, one of Soufrière’s oldest and most famous cocoa plantations, Ladera Resort stands today as Saint Lucia’s most unique and luxurious resort by taking full advantage of its stunning, natural surroundings.
Every suite is uniquely constructed from local tropical hardwoods, stone and tile with an "open wall" to expose breathtaking views of the Pitons, Caribbean sea and perhaps most importantly your private plunge pool.
Resort amenities are designed with your ultimate relaxation in mind and at any moment the attentive staff is available to accommodate your needs. Ready for a one-of-a-kind Saint Lucia experience?
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE
1. BREAKFAST (in your suite or on the volcanic terrace). With so many indulgent sunrise selections, the Smoked Salmon Omelet stands out.
2. THE BEST LOCATION. The setting is breathtaking and unlike any other, on a volcano ridge line 1,000 feet above the deep, blue Caribbean Sea, with stunning views of the Pitons. In fact, it's the only resort situated on a UNESCO World Heritage site.
3. REHYDRATE. The spa is a tranquil sanctuary nestled among majestic mountain views and lush rainforest landscape. Breathe in the fresh sea air, let go of stress and daily worries and experience the healing essence of St. Lucia through an extensive range of custom treatments.
1. While all suites are uniquely incredible, upgrade to the Heritage Suite with its 2,400 square feet of living space over two levels.
2. The resort offers multiple activities and excursions such as horseback riding, sailing and even cruises to nearby Martinique.
3. Rates include roundtrip airport transfers and complimentary beach shuttle service.