24 HOURS IN MUSKOKA LAKES
Muskoka Lakes is cottage country paradise: Enchanting old Muskoka cottages and spectacular boathouses dot their shores. Boating adventures and natural wonders attract visitors from around the world.
Home to over 330 islands, there's really only one way to truly capture the sights that make up Muskoka Lakes—by boat. Three big lakes define the Muskoka experience: Muskoka, Rosseau and Joseph.
A region of lakes and jutting granite cliffs, a galaxy of private islands and thousands of miles of glacial shoreline, Muskoka is beautiful and secluded with an offering of quaint cottages to palatial homes fit for Hollywood royalty.
Muskoka Chophouse, an American-style steakhouse, overlooks picturesque Lake Rosseau. Some of our favorites included Wild Caught Lump Crab Cake with bean succotash, crispy pancetta with grilled corn and Cajun chipotle aioli. Tip: Make a reservation during sunset.
Catch and release. Do cast a line off the dock. The waterside activities cabana provides fishing rods and bait—alongside jet skis, stand up paddle boards and kayak rentals.
Johnston’s Cranberry Marsh and Muskoka Lakes Winery offer "Bog to Bottle" wine tastings. A visit to Muskoka Lakes isn't complete without a stop at this iconic cranberry farm.
Do take a soak. In addition to direct access to Rosseau Beach, 2 swimming pools and full-service Spa Rosseau—the outdoor, year-round hot tub is calling your name.
S’mores. Enough said.
On a list full of inventive craft cocktails, be sure to order the "Lavender Lady." This concocted libation of Hendrick's gin, St. Germain, house-made lavender syrup—topped off with lavender seeds is sure to please. And you won't regret taking a seat on the expansive terrace complete with fire pits.
Perched upon a granite bluff overlooking Lake Rosseau which has welcomed vacationers since the 1880s, The Rosseau, JW Marriott Resort & Spa, lets you enjoy tranquil, unspoiled surroundings—at your own leisure.
All guest rooms and suites feature a Muskoka stone fireplace and marble bathroom—while offering magnificent views of the serene, surrounding landscape.
You'll remember this destination forever.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE
1. BREAKFAST ROOM SERVICE (with a side of sunrise). Try the Lump Crab Hash with poached eggs, chive hollandaise and red skin potatoes. A perfect pairing with local maple juice.
2. BRING YOUR APRON. Relaxing fireside in your slippers is just fine because all guest rooms and suites feature a kitchenette (including a refrigerator, microwave and range).
3. THE BEST LOCATION. You're in the heart of Muskoka Lakes with a private beach.
1. Download the Marriott Mobile App! At the push of a button you can check-in/check-out, text the front desk or even select your favorite pillows from housekeeping.
2. Walk. Explore the resort on foot, all the way down to the beach. It's the best way to check out the hidden gems and activities you might not have seen otherwise.
3. Bedside manners. Marriott "Plug-in" Technology keeps you connected.