24 HOURS IN MONT-TREMBLANT
Mont-Tremblant—the highest peak in the Laurentian Mountains—is a picturesque dream, home to world-class skiing (voted #1 in Eastern North America by the readers of Ski Magazine), bountiful lakes, Alpine hiking, quaint villages designed for shopping, Scandinavian baths, and even a secluded mountain top casino to try your luck at.
Quite the shopping destination—you'll immediately be swept away by the undeniable charm of Mont-Tremblant's picturesque pedestrian village.
Mont-Tremblant is full of architecture (both historic and modern) reminiscent of traditional Québec-style and symbiosis with the surrounding Laurentians and nature.
Restaurant La Quintessence & Winebar is certainly a must for an extraordinary culinary experience. Under the direction of Executive Chef Sylvio Alonso, the 4-diamond award-winning restaurant artfully blends French influences and Laurentian flavors through a seasonal menu featuring the finest ingredients from local producers. Some of our favorites included...
Smoked Trout with fresh apple, beet purée and local honey, as well as Striped Bass with blue potatoes and a decadent lobster cream sauce—Both are indulgently flavorful.
Read more about Restaurant La Quintessence & Winebar in our Taste column.
Tremblant offers breathtaking views of the Laurentian Mountains from it 2,871 foot summit—96 trails on 4 slopes with 14 lifts across 665 acres provide world-class skiing for skiers and snowboarders of all levels. An open-air gondola called the "Cabriolet" connects the upper and lower parts of the Pedestrian Village.
Not a skier or boarder? You can still discover the spectacular scenery from the highest peak in the Laurentians by riding aboard the panoramic gondola.
As seen in "5 Reasons to Visit Mont-Tremblant," get your après-ski fix by warming up with a Kir Royal with Moët & Chandon or Cosmopolitan fireside while taking in views of Lake Tremblant, the Laurentian Mountains and beyond.
Perched above the quaint shores of Lake Tremblant, sits Hôtel Quintessence.
Once you check-in and discover the spa with multi-level views of the infinity pool, Lake Tremblant and beyond—you may be taking refuge until it's time to get ready for dinner.
You're going to love the massive stone fireplace and plush conversation seating.
Comfortable surroundings make you feel almost as if you never left home. Refined service and never-ending special touches remind you that you did.
Expansive en-suite bathrooms offer heated marble floors with dual vanities, spacious rainfall showers and oversized jacuzzi clawfoot tubs. Pocket doors allow you to soak in sunsets at your leisure.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE
1. BREAKFAST ROOM SERVICE (in your suite or private lake view terrace). Try the Eggs Benedict. For a healthy alternative, substitute with avocado and smoked salmon. A perfect pairing with a fresh-squeezed mimosa.
2. SNAP. CRACKLE. POP. Every suite at Quintessence comes complete with a wood-burning stone fireplace. Setup and ready to go, though should you need a hand or refresher, a fireplace butler is just a call a way.
3. THE BEST LOCATION. Directly on Lake Tremblant, it's a prime locale for sunsets and a 5 minute walk to Tremblant's picture-perfect Pedestrian Village and gondola.
1. Quite fawn'd. Winter, spring, summer or fall—grab an apple in the spa and see what tricks your local deer friends can impress you with.
2. Hit the slopes. In a less than 5 minute walk—you're at Tremblant's scenic gondola with access to 96 trails on 4 slopes with 14 lifts across 665 acres.
3. Take a plunge. You'll enjoy the heated infinity pool and spa that overlooks the lake. Or relax in the steam room and dry sauna. Massages are available in the privacy of your suite or reserve a calming treatment room for a seasonal facial.