24 HOURS IN TORONTO
Toronto, on Lake Ontario's northwestern shore, is a vibrant and dynamically diverse multicultural metropolis featuring some of the world's finest restaurants, alongside happening bars and clubs and eclectic festivals. While the city is a core of soaring skyscrapers, they almost all seem to be dwarfed by the iconic CN Tower.
Yorkville, Toronto is filled to the brim with interesting architecture—old and new. The upscale neighborhood is known for its luxury condos, sidewalk cafes and high-end shopping. Think Hermes, Burberry and Saks Fifth Avenue's first Canadian outpost.
Walk the length of Bay Street, which connects Yorkville directly to Harbourfront Centre on Toronto's waterfront.
Do see Toronto Island. You can walk your dog, rent a kayak or bike while snapping pictures of the 2-century year old stone lighthouse.
For seasonal dishes rooted in French tradition, look no further than Café Boulud, brought to you by acclaimed chef, Daniel Boulud. Some of our favorites included...
Big Eye Tuna with beet and horseradish cream and Pacific Halibut with beurre blanc and caviar. The server that evening, Edie, suggested pairing Castelnau de Suduiraut with foie gras—she couldn't have made a better recommendation.
Read more about Café Boulud in our Taste column.
Do take the elevator up to the 147th floor of CN Tower, the world's 9th tallest free-standing structure.
Do relax on a harbor cruise. Mariposa takes you on a scenic excursion where you'll see city life transform into wildlife at the blink of an eye. Thirsty? There's also a full bar aboard.
Without a doubt, your next favorite cocktail will be the "Elderflower Fizz," concocted with St. Germain, chambord, lemon and prosecco. d|bar located in the heart of Toronto's upscale Yorkville neighborhood offers a weekly cocktail hour and live DJ.
In a buzzing metropolis full of luxury hotels, it only makes sense to stay at Four Seasons flagship—since the legendary hospitality brand was founded in Toronto.
You'll fall in love with the details of your premier king guest room: located on the higher floors, a comfy seating area surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows and Nespresso machine take the win.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE
1. BREAKFAST ROOM SERVICE (with a view). Try the Eggs Benedict and substitute with avocado and smoked salmon for a healthy alternative. A perfect pairing with grapefruit segments.
2. SMILING FACES EVERYWHERE YOU TURN. Stop by the concierge desk for bottled water and step by step directions.
3. THE BEST LOCATION. You're in the heart of Yorkville. Short on time? Four Seasons Toronto offers a drop off car service. Uber is only a tap away for your ride back.
1. Download the Four Seasons app! At the push of a button you can check-in/check-out, text the front desk, request room service or even select your favorite pillows from housekeeping.
2. Walk. Explore Yorkville and beyond on foot, all the way down to the harbor. It's the best way to check out the architecture and hidden gems you might not see from a car.
3. Bedside manners. Take advantage of the iPad on your nightstand. Check the weather, set an alarm, read the latest news, listen to music, without even getting out of bed.