24 HOURS IN JERICOACOARA BEACH
Jericoacoara is an idyllic peaceful fishing village situated amongst sand dunes on Brazil's East Coast of Céarà—just 3° south of the equator where it enjoys 320 sunny days a year, as well as warm air and water temperatures the whole year round. "Jeri," as it's affectionately called by the locals, is surrounded by sweet-water lagoons, a calm ocean and enormous sand dunes.
Jeri is known for its incredible beaches as well as a place of ecological protection and a paradise for nature lovers and wind sport enthusiasts. Each evening visitors climb the enormous dune at the ocean’s edge to watch one of the most spectacular sunsets on Brazil’s coast.
Guided sightseeing tours through the sweet-water lagoons are a must when in Jericoacoara. Only 15 years ago, Jeri was a fishing village with almost no contact with modern civilization.
Your experience in Jericoacoara would not be complete without indulging on the cuisine at the The Chili Beach Restaurant. Enjoy the best international flavors fused with Mediterranean cuisine and Brazilian specialties with spectacular views of the Jeri coastline and ever changing colors of the pristine ocean water.
Favorites included Filet Mignon Carpaccio with Crushed Pistachio Nuts, Duet Tartar with Chilean Salmon and Sea Bass, as well as Slow Poached Octopus—all decadent twists on Brazilian cuisine.
Read more about The Chili Beach Restaurant in our Taste column.
The steady wind between July and November makes Jericoacoara one of the preferred destinations in the world for water sports such as: windsurfing, kite surfing, sailing and catamaran.
The small village of Jericoacoara has become a much sought after destination by those in search of unspoiled beaches and a non-commercialized ambience.
Admire the natural beauty of Jericoacoara while sampling one of the many cocktails on Chili Beach's extensive list which highlights unique creations made with exotic Brazilian fruits. Enjoy a "Tequila Sunrise" from the swim-up bar and soak in the views from the infinity pool and beyond.
Located directly on isolated Jericoacoara Beach, recently voted amongst “10 Most Beautiful in the World,” The Chili Beach offers unspoiled ambience, plush suites, haute cuisine and unpretentious, 5-star service complete with butlers.
The Chili Beach is the fusion of 5-star service with its plush accommodations, alluring style combining tropical beach design with contemporary decor and luxurious finishings in this very distant and inaccessible region surrounded by stark natural beauty.
Luxuriously decorated "Seaview" suites come complete with a private tropical garden (or second floor balcony) and uniquely spacious bathrooms. Select suites offer an additional outdoor shower. Other select accommodations include "Parkview" bungalows, which come with kitchens, spacious living areas, and a terrace with private tropical garden that includes comfortable hammocks and sun loungers.
From the very beginning the focus of The Chili Beach has been to provide stunningly luxurious accommodations and personalized service to their guests in this very isolated piece of paradise. Are you next?
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE
1. BREAKFAST (in your suite or on the oceanfront terrace). With so many indulgent sunrise selections, the fresh native Brazilian fruit stands out.
2. THE BEST LOCATION. Directly on remote Jericoacoara Beach, you'll discover the most beautiful sunset in Brazil. Amenities include a swimming pool, gourmet specialty restaurant overlooking the sea, wellness center and spa, poolside bar and Beach Club.
3. REHYDRATE. The spa offers a long list of relaxing treatments such as "Passion Therapy" with passionfruit extracts and an array of decadent massages.
1. Upgrade to a Parkview Bungalow with their luxurious private terrace and outdoor seating.
2. The entire resort can also be exclusively rented, with cooks, maids, gardeners, butlers and security service.
3. Traveling from the USA: Delta, Continental, American Airlines, United and TAM offer daily direct flights to Sao Paulo from Chicago, New York and Atlanta. TAM also offers direct flights from Miami and Chicago to Manaus. Traveling from Europe: TAP airlines offer direct flights from Lisbon. You can also catch direct flights from Milan, Rome, Paris, Madrid or Frankfurt with TAM airlines.