24 HOURS IN LOUISVILLE
Situated along the Ohio River—Louisville, Kentucky is a historic and integral part of American culture as we know today. As the largest producer of thoroughbreds and bourbon, Louisville is a mecca for racing enthusiasts and bourbon connoisseurs alike. Plus, it’s the birthplace of boxing legend Muhammad Ali and the Kentucky Derby—both pieces of history you can experience first hand for yourself.
Walk the neighborhood of Old Louisville along St. James Court. 64 blocks of Victorian style homes dating back to the 1850s take you back in time. Every turn you take is lined by stunning architecture individually unique by its grandiose décor.
In a mix between old and new—Main Street in Louisville has one of the largest collections of cast iron facades outside of New York City. Main Street, also known as Museum Row, offers artful history and entertainment alike.
For meticulous cuisine surrounded by a luxurious ambience that has hosted Derby Champions and boxing legends alike, make your way to The English Grill. Some of our favorites included Autumn Squash Salad made with a warm base of local roasted acorn squash, resting upon fresh honey topped with farro, arugula, goat cheese, cranberries and pepitas.
As well as Prime Ribeye Delmonico delicately cooked and garnished with local mushrooms, fine herbs and bacon roasted fingerling potatoes with a tantalizing Bordelaise sauce.
Read more about The English Grill in our Taste column.
A visit to Louisville is simply not complete without stopping by the Lobby Bar at The Brown Hotel. Enjoy their take on the classic libation, an Old Fashioned, and a stellar one we might add.
“A Louisville landmark since 1923, The Brown Hotel is like a fine Kentucky Bourbon that never overwhelms you with its history, but instead entertains you with a lifetime of stories.”
Splurge and check-in to the Muhammad Ali suite where you'll feel like “The People’s Champion.” Decorated with memorabilia from Ali’s glory days you'll find articles, pictures and his gloves at every corner. The elegant suite includes a living room and dining room, plus master bedroom complete with a spa tub.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE
1. BREAKFAST ROOM SERVICE (in your luxurious suite’s private dining room). Skip your diet for just one morning (or should we say the day) and try the world famous "Hot Brown." Invented at The Brown Hotel in 1926, it pairs perfectly with a handcrafted Bourbon Bloody Mary.
2. SMILING FACES EVERYWHERE YOU TURN. Stop by the concierge desk for bottled water and step by step directions to Louisville attractions such as the Brown Theatre (across the street) and Palace Theatre (half a block).
3. THE BEST LOCATION. You're in the heart of Downtown Louisville and only blocks from the Kentucky International Convention Center.
1. Buy a Museum Row on Main ticket! Offering you the entrance to 6 Louisville attractions with over 50% savings! The best way to explore Louisville in a short amount of time.
2. Walk. Explore Louisville on foot. It's the best way to check out the architecture and hidden gems you might not see from a car. Really need a ride? Upon availability, The Brown Hotel offers a complimentary 24-hour airport shuttle, as well as transportation to downtown businesses and attractions.
3. Bedside manners. Take advantage of complimentary wifi throughout your guest room.