24 HOURS IN THE HAMPTONS
Tucked away on the Hampton's North Shore sits the quaint, seaside village of Sag Harbor, New York. Historically known for its whaling economy, this beautifully preserved coastal village has now made itself popular among both artists and writers alike due to its laid back lifestyle—with an upscale twist. Among artists, Sag Harbor has become a favorite alternative to some of the more well-known Hampton's hotspots. You'll find an eclectic mix of boutique-style shops, art galleries and bookstores.
One of the most well-known landmarks in the charming village of Sag Harbor is the historic windmill that overlooks the wharf. Benches offer visitors a front row seat to view the passing boats. Take a walk along the historic wharf docked with luxurious yachts and be sure to keep your eyes peeled—you never know who you might run into.
Baron's Cove has its own private garden where much of the produce is sourced and prepared. Some of our favorites included the most colorful of dishes, Farm Stand Crudités. A seasonal assortment of vegetables from the on-site garden with a trio of sauces to choose from.
And with fresh seafood being a staple in the Hamptons, the Tuna Tartare is refreshingly prepared with avocado, spicy mayo, sesame seeds and shallots, making this locally (fresh from Montauk) caught fish among the best you'll find anywhere.
Read more about the restaurant at Baron's Cove in our Taste column.
Where's the entertainment? You don't have to go far with the Bay Street Theater located directly across from the windmill. The quaint playhouse showcases theater productions year round featuring well-known NYC-based actors and comedians.
No excursion to the Hamptons is complete without a stop and sip at Wölffer Estate Vineyards. The sustainable vineyard produces Merlot, Chardonnay, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, and small lots of Trebbiano, Pinot Noir and Vignole—including Rosé ciders from New York apples.
Savor the incredibly tantalizing and handcrafted Strawberry Lemonade offered at Baron's Cove. It's just so good! Don't forget "Happy Hour" happens Sunday thru Friday from 4-6pm.
Baron's Cove is located at the edge of Sag Harbor overlooking the Noyac Bridge and surrounding harbor—home to stunning sunrise and sunset views.
With a private gate leading directly to the pool area, sea-inspired Harbor rooms are spacious and comfortable. Read a book or enjoy a meal on the private patio overlooking the harbor.
You'll love the picturesque views of the harbor, plush bedding and sophisticated décor in your guest room.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE
1. BREAKFAST ROOM SERVICE (on your private patio). Try the Farm Stand Daily Omelet during the high season. A perfect pairing with fresh-squeezed orange juice.
2. AWARD-WINNING. Baron’s Cove was voted the #5 Hotel in New York and Mid-Atlantic by Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards 2017. Baron’s Cove is also rated as the #1 hotel in Sag Harbor, NY on TripAdvisor.
3. THE BEST LOCATION. Directly on the harbor, it's a prime locale for sunsets and strolling into town.
1. Bring Porter. Your pup is welcome to join you in a dog-friendly Village Garden room—located on the first floor.
2. Beach time. Enjoy a complimentary summer shuttle, plus beach chairs, umbrellas and plush towels—taking all of the hassle out of your relaxing beach day.
3. Take a plunge. You'll enjoy the saltwater pool and fitness center that overlooks the harbor. Or relax with a spa treatment. Massages and facials are available in the privacy of your guest room or a calming treatment rooms.