24 HOURS IN THE ANDOVERS
Settled in 1642, Andover, Massachusetts offers a lively downtown Main Street full of cafes and boutiques, picturesque hiking trails and beautiful period architecture. All this and more with that classic New England small town charm only 30 minutes from Boston.
Established in 1778 during the American Revolution, the uber-selective Phillips Academy is the oldest incorporated school in the United States.
The historic campus is home to a handful of historic outposts, including Samuel Phillips Hall, named after the academy's founder.
Samuel's, on the picturesque Ivy League-reminiscent grounds of Phillips Academy—is unlike any other restaurant in the Andovers. During the warmer months take your pick and savor cocktails, wine and reinvented New England fare alfresco on the terrace. While enjoying the dark wood-paneled dining rooms and lively lounge during the cooler months. Some of our favorites included...
Tuna Poke blended with ripe avocado topped with sesame seaweed and tantalizing wasabi crème, as well as Maine Lobster & Wild Mushroom Crepes blended with sherry cream sauce and an accent of white truffle—creating a decadent flavor profile.
Read more about Samuel's in our Taste column.
Hidden from plain sight on the grounds of Phillips Academy, Cochran Wildlife Sanctuary offers plentiful trails for walking, jogging and cross country skiing across 65 acres of woodlands and ponds.
Created in 1931 with an extensive collection of over 17,000 objects spanning the 18th century to present, Addison Gallery of American Art, offers both permanent collection installations and major traveling exhibitions. Be sure to check out Addison Gallery's famed model ship collection in the lower level.
For the best hand-crafted cocktails in the Andovers, look no further than Samuel's. The "Strawberry Basil Gimlet" muddled and blended with gin will instantly bring you to your favorite New England beach. Crane Beach perhaps?
Located on the picturesque Ivy League-reminiscent grounds of Phillips Academy is the historic Andover Inn. Overflowing with New England charm, it's easy to see why.
At the Andover Inn, queen suites come complete with fireplaces to beat those New England winters. Relax fireside with your favorite show.
See you soon?
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE
1. GOURMET BREAKFAST (with a view of the historic green). Ask for the Lobster Benedict with poached eggs and Maine lobster topped with fresh hollandaise. A perfect pairing with Bananas Foster pancakes.
2. COFFEE, TEA OR? Guest rooms and suites come fully equipped with a Keurig, but you can also get your caffeine fix self-serve in the lobby. Perfect to take on your morning nature hike.
3. THE BEST LOCATION. You're in the heart of historic Phillips Academy surrounded by pristine woodlands.
1. Put your wallet away! The Andover Inn at Phillips Academy offers complimentary parking.
2. Walk. Explore the local area on foot, all the way down to bustling, boutique-lined Main Street. It's the best way to check out the hidden gems and activities you might not have seen otherwise.
3. Bedside manners. All guest rooms and suites features complimentary wifi, flat screen HDTVs, pillow top mattresses and Frette® linens.